Capti Browser Extension
Install Capti Voice Chrome Browser Extension
Click here to open Chrome Web Store, then click the Add to Chrome button in the top-right corner of the screen. A new Capti icon will appear in the browser's toolbar. Click it to access main features.
Save a Web Article for Later
If you want to save a web article for later, open the article in your browser and use the Alt+A shortcut or click the Capti Voice icon in the toolbar and select Add to Capti. Capti will remove all advertisements and extraneous content and only save the article itself to Capti (use Alt+C to open the playlist and view the article; if you don't see the article click Synchronize).
Save Link or Image for Later
- On any web page: right-click on the link or the image that you want to import into Capti. The link can be to a regular web article, to a file in any supported format (e.g. pdf), or to an image.
- In browser's contextual menu select Save Link to Capti or Save Image to Capti
- Click Next to confirm.
- Choose track name and playlist into which the web article, document, or the image will be saved
- Click Import to confirm. If you are importing an image Capti will make the text on the image readable using OCR.
View Everything You Saved
To open Capti Voice playlist in a new browser tab use the Alt+C shortcut or click the Capti Voice icon in the toolbar and select Open Capti Online or Open Capti Desktop. If Capti is already open in a tab then the Capti browser extension will bring it to the front instead of opening a new one.
Select any Text to Listen
To listen to text without leaving the webpage, select the text and click the Play button that will appear. The Capti Player will appear above the webpage, start playing the text you selected, and highlight the words as they are being read. Use the Play / Pause button to pause and resume playback.
If you want to continue listening but the Player window is a distraction, you can click Minimize button and the Player will switch to a minimalistic mode.
Shortcut: Alt + Q
Select any Text to View
To view text on the webpage with your preferred format, select the text and click the View button that will appear. The Capti Player will appear above the webpage and display the text you selected.
Use the Text Options button to format text to your liking. You can change font, line spacing, and colors.
Shortcut: Alt + X
Select your Favorite Text-To-Speech Voice
- Click the "Voices" button in the header of the Player window. A new tab with selection of voices will open.
- Click Choose next to a voice you like.
- If you choose a Premium voice you may be asked to subscribe.
- Click Choose to select a subscription option.
- Fill in your card and click Place Order
- Return to Voices tab and click Choose to set the voice as Preferred.
- You can now close the tab. The voice you selected will be used in the Browser extension.
Note: When you initially open Capti account the premium voices will be automatically enabled for a time-limited trial period.
Note: Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off by clicking Subscription next to voice name and then clicking Unsubscribe.
Change Speech Rate
To change the speech rate used to read text click the Speech Rate button in Capti Player. Adjust the speech rate to your liking and click Apply.
Lookup Translations and Definitions
- Select a word you would like to translate or define on the webpage or in the Player window. A contextual menu will appear.
- Click Translate to see a translation or Define to see an english-language definition.
- A new window with the translation or definition will appear. If the language of source or target language is wrong you can adjust it in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- To learn more about the word click on the word again. Capti will open a new browser tab with additional information.