New Updates for Desktop and iOS!
Hi, Capti fan! We have been working hard to improve your text-to-speech experience and have some exciting news to share. Numerous updates have been added recently which will make it easier than ever for you to listen to content.
Stay tuned for more regular updates and news regarding Capti Voice, and assistive technology as a whole.
Updates for Desktop:
- View images in Bookshare books
- Add annotations: notes, highlights and bookmarks
- Synchronize annotations with desktop and web versions
- Listen to individual comments and quotations
- Review annotations as a list and filter by type
- Premium Acapela voices are now available in Capti Online, including Chromebooks
- You can now paste tracks into empty Playlists
- You can use keyboard shortcuts (https://www.captivoice.com/capti-site/public/entry/faq#pc_shortcuts) for increased accessibility
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) allows teachers to take pictures of worksheets, textbook pages, tests, etc. and import them into their playlists. You will then be able to use text-to-speech to read the document!
- Use your favorite TTS voice to listen to translations, definitions, annotations, and the Word Challenge game
- Use a new role-filter on the Members page that allows teachers and administrators to filter members in the organization by role
Updates for iOS:
- View PDFs in their original layout; on your iPhone and iPad
- Take photos and add them to your Playlist
- Export your annotations from the tracks
- Change speech rate directly in Playlist
- Navigate text by bookmarks and time intervals
- Hear earcons when Capti cannot navigate
We really appreciate feedback from our clients so that we can continue to consistently update our product to the specifications of those who will be benefiting from it. Always feel free to leave a comment or email us directly at email@example.com with any suggestions!