?Will the voices I purchase in Capti work on other devices?
- Voices you purchased on iOS will work on all your iOS devices.
- Voices you purchased on Mac will work on all your Macs.
- Voices you purchased on Windows will work on all your Windows devices.
- Voices you purchased for streaming in the online version of Capti will work only in the online version of Capti.
!Playback (speech synthesis) skips text or working poorly
Make sure you are using a premium voice. Click Voices in the top menu and set a premium voice as preferred by clicking Preferred next to it. You may need to purchase or subscribe to a premium voice before using it.
!Playback (speech synthesis) is not working
If you are using the online version of Capti with streaming voices purchased from Capti then make sure that the following URLs and IPs are open:
- www.captivoice.com 22.214.171.124
- vss.captivoice.com 126.96.36.199
If you are using the online version of Capti in the Firefox browser you need to make sure speech synthesis is enabled, as follows:
- In the Firefox address bar, type in “about:config” and press Enter.
- Click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- Enter “media.webspeech.synth.enabled” in the search bar and press Enter.
- If "media.webspeech.synth.enabled" is set to false, double click the line to set the value to true.
- Restart the browser
!Playback (speech synthesis) stopped working
- If you are using a trial version of a Capti voice your trial period might have ended. You can keep using this voice by purchasing it from the Voices view.
- If you deleted the voice you were using, you can restore it from the Voices More Voices view.
- You may have changed your preferred voice in the Voices view.
- If you are using an online version of Capti check that you have internet connection.
!Playback (speech synthesis) stays on after I close Capti tab
In some cases (e.g. in Safari browser on macOS) in order to stop playback completely you have to stop it in Capti before closing the Capti browser tab.
!Playback (speech synthesis) is of low quality
- If you are using Capti on iPhone, iPad, or standalone version of Capti on Windows or Mac then you can download high-quality synthetic voices. On iPhone / iPad find the language you are interested in using in the Voices screen and tap More…. On Windows / Mac go to Voices More Voices.
- If you are using Capti through the website then open the Voices tab and look for voices that are flagged as "Premium": those are premium quality voices that will sound much better than the ones installed on your computer. You may need to subscribe to a voice to start using it.
!I cannot find a voice I purchased
- If you are using Capti on iPhone or iPad and you recently reinstalled Capti, then you need to restore your old purchases. Go to Voices More Voices and tap Restore. Now you can download all your voices.
- If you are using Capti on Windows or Mac then clearning your browser cache and cookies may solve this problem. The following instructions should work for most browsers:
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows) or Command-Shift-Delete (Mac). A window with options will open.
- Select Cache and Cookies items (they may be called slightly differently in different browsers).
- Confirm and reload Capti webpage.
- If you purchased the voice in question on a different operating system you will not be able to use it. For example, a voice purchased on a Windows computer will only work on other Windows computers. See "Can I use a purchased voice on my other devices?" below.
- You need to install Capti on your computer to use the installable Capti voices. If you access your Capti playlist by logging into https://www.captivoice.com then the installable voices will not be available.
?Can I use a purchased voice on my other devices?
- If you purchased a voice on an iOS device you will be able to use it on all your iOS devices, but not Windows or Mac.
- If you purchased a voice on Windows you can install and use it on up to 3 of your Windows devices. Same rule applies to a voice purchased on a Mac computer. If you exceeded the limit of 3 devices you can go to Account Devices and delete record of old devices you are no longer using.
- If you subscribed to a voice on Capti online website then you will be able to use it on any computer by logging in. However, those voices will not be available from Capti for Windows, Mac, iPhone or iPad..
!When I start playback a track is voiced in the wrong language (voice) !
On Windows, Mac, and online: to change track's language right click track in the sidebar and choose Language.
On iPhone & iPad: changing language is not currently possible. Use Windows, Mac or online version of Capti.
Note: You cannot tag parts of text in a particular track with a different language. The language selection will apply to the entire track.
?Why can't I see voices for my language?
Capti Voice supports voices in 26+ languages, but not all languages are available on all devices or for all plans. In particular, getting access to most of the supported languages on the web requires membership in an organization account. If you are a student, ask your teacher about upgrading Capti. If you are a teacher, talk to your administration about upgrading Capti. And if you are an administrator, contact us and we will set everything up.