Sharing of Reading Materials
A Playlist affiliated with an organization account can be used to easily and securely share an ordered collection of tracks (documents, books, web articles) with other organization account members. Tracks you add to a shared playlist will immediately become available to users you shared the playlist with.
- In "Playlist" screen, in the sidebar on the left, click + Playlist button
- Provide playlist name and click Create
- The playlist will open. Initially it is empty. You can start adding content and share it.
- In the sidebar on the right, in tab Share, click Edit Access button
- A new window will open. Check names of everyone you want to add. To add a group click button Share at the top.
- Click Done. The playlist is now shared with students and teachers you selected.
To unshare click ... button next to student or teacher name in the sidebar, and select Unshare.
- From the top bar open Admin Playlists.
- If you didn't previously created the playlist you want to share click Create Playlist and complete the form.
- Click on the name of the playlist you want to share. A list of current playlist viewers and editors will open.
- Click Share to open a list of members without access to this playlist.
- Click Can View next to the names of users you want to have read-only access to the playlist (e.g. your students). Click Can Edit next to the names of users you want to be able to modify the playlist (e.g. your co-teachers and assistants). You can also change access to multiple users at once by clicking Bulk Action. When finished click Done.
- To unshare or modify playlist access permissions click ... next to any member name and select one of the available options. You can also change access for multiple members at once by clicking Bulk Action.
- From the top bar open Admin Members.
- If the the users you want to share with are not yet members of your organization account then make sure to add them first or ask your account administrator to do it.
- Click on the name of the member and member details will open. Make sure you are viewing tab Playlists. Note that you need an Administrator role to see all playlists of the member.
- Click Share to open a list of playlists this member can't access.
- Click Can View next to the names of playlists you want to share in read-only mode. Click Can Edit next to the names of playlists you want the member to be able to modify (e.g. add and remove tracks). You can also change access to multiple users at once by clicking Bulk Action. Click Done when finished.
- To unshare or modify member's access permissions click ... next to any playlist name and select one of the available options. You can also change access to multiple playlists at once by clicking Bulk Action.
Note: To share content you must have an Assistant, Teacher, or Administrator role in an organization account and you must be logged in at www.captivoice.com. You can only share with other members of your organization account. You can add members yourself or ask someone with Teacher or Administrator role to do it.
Note: Due to licensing limitations you cannot add a track from Bookshare into a shared playlist. If you need your students to access Bookshare content please ask them to add Bookshare books into Capti using their own Bookshare accounts.