I am happy to report that we just released a new version of Capti for iPhone: 1.7. Besides better compatibility with iOS8 it brings a number of important updates:
- You can now add content from your Pocket account to Capti Playlist
- We also added Bookshare – a resource with almost 300 thousand books and periodicals restricted to our users with print disabilities (please contact Bookshare to check if you qualify).
- You can now enjoy books in DAISY format!
- Our extensive collection of adult voices has been expanded with: Indian English (Raveena), Turkish (Filiz), Swedish (Astrid), Portugal Portuguese (Cristiano), and German (Julia).
- In addition to American English child voices (Ivy, Kenny, Nelly), we are happy to add new child voices speaking with British English accent (Harry and Rosie) and American English accent (Ella and Josh). Try them for free – your kids may enjoy listening to other kids reading to them!
- Finally, you can now share Capti tracks with your friends via AirDrop.
Today brings many updates to our website.
First and foremost, we are proud to present the free downloadable Capti extension version 0.9 for Firefox browser. This is a sneak-peak preview of our upcoming major 1.0 release. Version 0.9 is intended for the curious brave souls out there, and it is not fully screen-reader accessible. However, if you want to get a glimpse of the future, go right ahead, and give it a try! But please be patient with Capti if it is misbehaving - it is only learning to walk! Please let us know if there is a feature (or 10!) that you want to see in Capti.
Second is the Capti Bookmarklet that you can install in any browser and then use to add any webpages to Capti. Even if you don't use Firefox browser or have Capti extension installed, this is very useful if you downloaded Capti for iPhone.
Third is the new "Support" section, complete with comprehensive help for Capti users.
Last but not least is this news page, or a blog, if you will, where we will post news about Capti, as well as general thoughts relating to what we are striving to accomplish here at Charmtech Labs LLC.
- Now you can read track content visually, and Capti will highlight every word it reads
- You can use the table of content or navigate by page, sentence, paragraph, heading, etc.
- With Capti extension, you can import content from Safari, Chrome, Opera and many other apps by using the Share button
- You now have access to over 49,000 free books from Gutenberg
- Import your documents from Microsoft’s OneDrive
- Try our full-text search – pull down on the Playlist
- Configure the speech rate for each language individually
- Capti is now fully compatible with the iPad – synchronize with your iPhone playlist
- Capti is also substantially more reliable
- Free Voice Upgrade: the top quality voices are now even better
- Try the new amazing high-quality voices: Sharon and kid Justin (U.S. English), Lisa (Australian English), Rhona (Welsh English), kids Jonas and Lea (German), kids Emilio and Valeria (U.S. Spanish and English), and Rodrigo (Spanish)